By Lisa Ackerman
I LOVE November! For me, this time of year is especially meaningful, not only for the opportunity it gives me to express my gratitude, but also because it marks an important milestone for TACA.
Writing this during the month of November has me grateful for a few things: It’s Thanksgiving (I love any excuse to get together with my family and cook for them), we are seeing kids making progress, families are getting the support they need, and it’s the anniversary of the very first TACA meeting! In fact, this coming year, TACA will be turning 20. I can’t believe how fast the past 20 years have gone. There is a lot to be thankful for in this huge milestone (we will share more about our 20th year and how we’re going to acknowledge this anniversary in January 2020).
As I wrap 2019 up, it is important to say, “Thank You”, to some pretty great people:
- TACA volunteers and staff. You are incredible and tireless, always looking to help others learn more about autism, and spread our message of hope. These superheroes truly are The Autism Community in Action!
- TACA’s Board, Ambassadors, and Committees for their incredible support and deep compassion for the organization’s mission.
- OUR SUPPORTERS! Without TACA donors, we would be lost. This is a giving group of friends that are driven to keep TACA here as long as we are needed. Saying thank you is not big enough.
- Our stars: the families TACA serves and their children. Thank you so much for caring, driving answers, and for sharing your stories of healing and treatment (1). I am in awe of your strength and courage to continue to strive for the best possible outcomes for your children. Thank you for working so hard.
- Lastly, I must thank my family for always being by my side. I am the luckiest wife, mom, grandma, sister, and daughter in the world. Words will never describe my gratitude to you.
At TACA, our focus is for families living with autism today, not tomorrow. Tools that help, guidance that leads to answers, and a community that helps you navigate the journey with a multitude of caring families like yours. Nothing else matters at TACA except for the families we serve and the 600 new families who find us each month, needing our help.
As a reminder, we have two tools that will help you survive and succeed this holiday season:
- Looking for tips on how to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday? You can find some here.
- How about a recipe that will impress your guests, as well as keep your family healthy while dodging common allergens?
Wishing you a wonderful, safe, and fun Thanksgiving!