By Lisa Ackerman
We are very excited about a new video series in collaboration with our friends at Autism Live.
Introducing: TACA Facts
TACA Fact: Can children with autism recover?
– NIH 2013 autism recovery study http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jan2013/nimh-15.htm
– Family stories https://www.tacanow.org/family-stories/
TACA Fact: Why aren’t Autism Treatments covered by medical insurance?
“Who Pays for What” references:
TACA Fact: How do I know if a treatment is working?
This is the Autism Live landing page where all future segments will appear: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzpc1lUvttW9p3hfqDE4f885Xcuo8b7oa
Other future topics include:
- How to track success?
- Why are autism specialists so expensive?
- What are the common mistakes parents make?
- What to do if my spouse is not on board with therapies?
- A specialist I need is not in my state, what can I do?
- What if my child is a non-responder?
- Talk to me about puberty.
- I’ve done everything, now what?
- What are some exciting new treatments?
- Everything costs money! HELP!
Please remember: TACA is a parent support organization that provides free information and resources to families. Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) provides general information regarding medical research, treatment options, therapies and nutrition to the autism community. The information comes from a variety of sources and is not independently verified by TACA. Nothing presented in print or at meetings should be construed as medical or legal advice. Always consult your child’s doctor and therapy team regarding his or her individual needs.
Got a question? Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org